Saturday, August 2, 2014

Introspection

Introspection

I am broken.
Shattered to be exact.
I am multicolored,
I am a mess of contradictions.
A singular human Babel.
An oxymoron.

But there is a beauty to be found in broken pieces.
I am not untouched,
I am tainted.
But I am not stained.
I am decorated, I am adorned,
I am artfully touched
With experiences.
I am no longer solely me,
I am a compilation of all of the beautifully unbeautiful things I have seen.
Experienced. Lived.
And that in itself should be celebrated.

I have been touched by so many so that I might touch others.
Leave little pieces of my light,
Which has been lit by the candles of so many.
I will find my light.
I will find my light in myself,
And I will find my light in others.
Are we really all that different?
Aren't we all just a different combination of colors
Thoughts
Dreams
Loves
Lights.
We are all a glorious mess.
And we are beautiful.
I am broken,
But I am beautiful.
No, I am broken,
AND I am beautiful.

For it is not despite all of my broken pieces that I am beautiful,
It is that very brokenness which enables me to see true beauty.

The pieces of me I find in others,
The pieces of others I find in myself,
Enable me to feel when my world feels,
See when my world sees,
Love when my world loves,
And breathe when my world breathes.
Enable me to send my light into the world to beautify others,
Enrich others, instruct others,
And so sustain myself.

I am beautiful because I am a compilation of beautiful people, things, loves, lights, and experiences.

For it is not despite all of my broken pieces that I am beautiful,
It is that very brokenness which enables me to BE true beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment